Gary Chiang

Developing an Integrative Approach
to Science and Christianity

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Prophecy in a Picture

Time: 1971
Place: Newmarket District High School (NDHS), Ontario, Canada
Figure caption: Discussions constitute part of the weekly meetings.

Here I am pictured in the middle of a group of students who appear to be very interested in what I am talking about.
This picture was placed on the I.S.C.F. (Interschool Christian Fellowship) page of the year book to illustrate, as the caption notes, an interesting discussion about the Bible and life. The picture looks good, but is misleading. We were not discussing the bible, and this was not an ISCF meeting.
On the other hand, what I am doing with these students, and the fact that this picture was placed in the ISCF page of the year book has turned out to be very prophetic.
Can you guess at what I am doing in this picture?

Hint: I have written books on the biological evidence against evolution.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Dr R Gary Chiang said...

OK, so how come you can't edit a post?
So let's try this again.
In this picture I am dissecting a frog during a high school open house. I have since become a professor of biology, and have written about the positive relationship between biology and faith in Christ.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger The Meijers said...

Ok, Gary, I was going to post a guess here, but I see you've answered your own quiz.

I would have said "dissecting a Rhodnius specimen"....

Alan Meijer '94

 

Post a Comment

<< Home